math and a half

Friday, March 10, 2006

Welcome in

I choose this title, math and a half, to keep out the mathphobes. You know the ones. You tell them you teach seventh grade math for a living and their immediate response is, "Ohmigosh. You have to teach area and stuff?! That must be hard!"

I have little sympathy.

Actually, that could be said about so many things; I guess I wouldn't say I'm a very sympathetic person. I live by the "too bad, so sad" rule. If part of your life is tough, you've got two choices: learn from it or change it. In most cases, that is easier said than done. Who said life was easy?

So, the photo I plan to post was taken in Australia in 2003. I hope I can figure that out technically. If I run into trouble, I will call upon the expertise of the funky brown chick. She's a friend of mine with an excellent, award-nominated blog. I aspire to such greatness. Little by little, I plan to learn how to blog. Lucky you who are getting in on the ground floor of such learning. You can come along for the ride. Welcome.

3 Comments:

  • Horrah! Welcome to blog-land. We are very happy that you have joined our esteemed ranks.

    Hints? You want hints? You got hints!

    If you aren't familiar with HTML, there's a great cheat-sheet at Web Monkey.

    Consider turning on word verification or crappy little internet robots will post stupid ads in your comments (they could at least make them funny ads, but they aren't).

    Sign up for a free Bloglines account. You can read a bunch of blogs very efficently that way - I'm adding you to my account in just a few minutes...

    Again: Welcome!

    By Blogger MamaChristy, at 3/11/2006 7:55 PM  

  • YAY!!!!! Three cheers for Pegs!!

    Or, since this is Math and a Half: 3.14159265 cheers for Pegs!! :-)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 3/12/2006 12:14 AM  

  • Peg, I'm a newbie to blogging; mamachristy got me hooked. I'll be adding your page to my bloglines - I especially loved your looking on the bright side post.

    Welcome!

    By Blogger E, at 3/25/2006 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home