math and a half

Sunday, June 11, 2006

My meme

As defined by Wikipedia:
The term "meme" (IPA: [mi'm]) refers to any unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea or concept, which one mind transmits (verbally or by repeated action) to another mind.

But what a meme is really is a game, of sorts. It's a little task that is all about you and it can take many forms. Lists or lies, it's all in good fun.

My bloggin' friend MamaChristy posted a list of 10 words whose initial consonant was the letter L, then described why this list applied to her. If you'd like to play, you ask for a letter. I asked. She sent me D, so here I go.

1. Dating Dave. I think this should count for two, since I used alliteration.
2. Deborah/Debra. A family name, my great-grandmother, aunt and sister all have this name.
3. Daring. I'm not as daring as I might like to be, but I am surely bold.
4. Dynamic. This is a pet peeve of mine. Dynamic means ever-changing. Some people use it to mean vibrant. Not the same. Life is always changing, as am I.
5. Dublin. A famous seaport city in the land of my ancestors, Ireland. I've never been to the Emerald Isle, but, boy, do I want to go!
6. Dance. I love to!
7. Dairy. I did, for a short time, live in Wisconsin, the Dairy State.
8. Denominator. The "bottom" part of a fraction. I had to get a math word in here somewhere.
9. Diligent. Constant in effort toward a goal. I like to think that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to do, and so far, it has worked.
10. Denouement. The final resolution (untying) of a story or plot, as in a novel. My favorite French word, thought I never studied the language formally, and a fitting end to my list.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for playing! Sorry I haven't commented sooner but my RSS feeder (i.e. - Bloglines) didn't inform me that you had posted until today.

    Denouement has always been one of my favorite words, too. I learned it in theater class in high school. Curious since I took two years of French and never heard it there...

    By Blogger MamaChristy, at 6/18/2006 1:54 PM  

  • VERY good list!!! :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 6/19/2006 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home