math and a half

Monday, March 27, 2006

Red, red wine


I'm feeling better now. Thanks for your concern.

A big, hearty thanks to Kristine for her suggestion of red wine to break the streak. I took your advice over & over this weekend & today wasn't so bad.

I know the photo is blush wine, not red, but it was a darned interesting photo, so I rewarded the creativity with more publicity.

Time heals all wounds, they say, but it is also a good teacher. I know I learned some things by dwelling on the string of bad days.
1) Dweling on the bad doesn't make things better, but it forces the thought train onto the track of fixing or changing what caused the bad.
2) Punk kids are just that: punk kids. They cannot help themselves from punk kid behavior.
3) It is not necessary to rehash any of the bad days or events. Show up on the doorstep (or caller ID these days) of someone you know and trust & just BE with him/her/them. Kudos to Paul and Meghan. You were instrumental in my healing.

Mamachristy, if you're reading, I haven't given up on the spa idea. Far from...

2 Comments:

  • Hey, no worries. I'm glad that the red wine suggestion seems to have helped. The spa will be around after your next string of bad days...

    By Blogger MamaChristy, at 3/27/2006 8:15 PM  

  • Peggy...I had no idea you had a blog! Congratulations to you and Dave on your upcoming arrival! Can't wait to see she/he when they get here! Meredith:)

    By Blogger The Powers Bunch, at 3/29/2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home